During the Summer I often find it difficult to get the inspiration to make something light to eat that is also nutritious – I don’t feel like I want something stodgy when it’s warmer but still crave some vitamins. These wraps proved to be ideal – I felt that they were a cross between a salad and a pasty, and provided a light and relatively healthy snack when it really is too warm to cook!
1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
100g block of Feta cheese, cubed
100g baby spinach, washed and larger stalks removed
2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
8 flour tortilla wraps
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the butternut squash cubes in a large bowl and add 1 tbs of the oil. Season then mix well. Pour on a baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes until beginning to turn soft. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, add the butternut squash cubes, the feta, tomatoes and the spinach and mix well.
3. Place 1/8th of the mixture into each wrap and fold into quarters.
4. Place the remaining oil and minced garlic in a large frying pan and gently fry the wraps for 1 minute on each side until light brown.
5. Serve immediately or allow to cool for a light snack.