This is a brilliant recipe for satisfying both children and adults alike. I found that adding the sausages is an easy way of providing another level, and adding a green salad and fresh crusty bread makes this a filling meal that may well become a regular favourite!
1 large onion, peeled and halved
3 x 400g cans of cooked beans (I used kidney, borlotti and cannelini beans), drained and rinsed
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbs black treacle
2 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tsp English mustard powder
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 bay leaves
2 tbs olive oil
6 Quorn sausages
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the tomatoes, garlic and spices in a food processor and blend to a smooth purée.
3. Put the cut halves of the onion in a large ovenproof dish, add the beans and purée. Add the black treacle, bay leaves, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
4. Gently fry the sausages in the olive oil until light brown. Cut into quarters and add to the mixture.
5. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for up to two hours, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.