This is a great recipe for using up any leftover veggies that may be in the fridge, and can be adapted to an extent depending on what you have spare, such as potatoes, cabbage, leeks, etc. A good tip when making these is to compress the grated mixture as much as possible before frying to remove any excess moisture and to help keep them together.
1 large courgette, roughly grated
1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and roughly grated
1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly grated
3 tbs olive oil for frying
1 clove of garlic, crushed
50g wholewheat flour
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
2. Form the mixture into fritters approx. 6cm in diameter.
3. Place a clean tea towel over the the fritters and compress to remove excess moisture.
4. In a large frying pan add the oil and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes each side.
5. Serve when still warm with a light yoghurt dressing and a side salad.