8 large tortilla wraps
500g baby potatoes, finely diced
3 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
200g frozen peas
4 tbs sunflower oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper
20ml soya milk
1. Place the diced potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small frying pan, gently dry-fry the spices for 1 minute, ensuring they don’t burn.
3. Mix the spices with the vegetables and 1 tbs sunflower oil. Season well.
4. To prepare the wraps, cut each in half, then trim to approximately 4 fingers width on each side.
5. Place 2 tbs of the mixture in the middle of each trimmed half, fold both sides over, turn over and seal with a light brushing of the soya milk to seal the flaps. (This takes a bit of practice, but it’s worth it!)
6. Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a large frying pan, and gently fry the samosas for 1 minute each side, until brown (I find you can do 6 at a time in a large pan). Use another 1 tbs oil for each batch.
7. Serve warm or cold with mango chutney, or a side salad.