I love making Fritattas as there are so many different combinations to try. I tend to really fill these so that it is a meal in itself, and they are just as nice sliced up and served cold, especially on picnics!
8 large free range eggs
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
300g fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and roughly chopped
2 large courgettes, sliced
100g baby potatoes, sliced
100g extra mature cheddar cheese, grated
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
2 tsp Herbes de Provence
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Place the potato slices in a saucepan of boiling salted water and par-boil for 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a large heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat the oil then gently fry the courgette slices. When light brown, layer the potato slices and spinach over the courgettes.
4. In a large jug, whisk up the eggs, milk, herbs, seasoning and paprika and pour over the mixture. Continue gently frying for 5 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese over, place a lid over the frying pan and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. When cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
7. Serve with bread and a fresh salad.