Serves 4 as a main or 6 as a side
2 large onions, roughly sliced
500g good quality roasting potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
5 tbs sunflower oil
4 cloves of garlic, peeled but left whole
3 peppers of varying colours, deseeded and roughly chopped
3 sticks celery, chopped
4 carrots, roughly chopped
1 large aubergine cut into 2 cm dice
2 x 400g tins of chickpeas, drained
A large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs Ras-el-Hanout
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. In a large bowl add all of the ground spices and mix well.
3. Add all of the vegetables (everything except the chickpeas), pour over the oil and again mix well.
4. Pour the vegetables in a large greased baking tray and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Separate the garlic cloves, mash, then stir in.
5. Add the chickpeas to the vegetables and roast for a further 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the fresh coriander and serve warm with couscous.