Happy New Year everyone! The recipe for this week is incredibly easy, reasonably quick to prepare and very tasty! This was soon polished off by my two little veggie monsters here who love anything roasted as well as anything involving mildly spicy vegetables – a future family favourite!
1 medium aubergine, cut into 2cm dice
2 medium onions, peeled and cut lengthways into 6 wedges
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large courgette, roughly diced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 pack of halloumi, diced
1 x 400g tin of good quality chopped tomatoes
4 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Ras-el-Hanout
1 tbs dried rosemary
Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Place the aubergine cubes, courgette cubes, pepper, chopped garlic and onion wedges in a large roasting tin then drizzle with the olive oil before sprinkling the herbs and spices over, then season well.
3. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once.
4. Add the halloumi and cover with the chopped tomatoes. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with couscous and garnished with the chopped coriander.