This is a recipe that I have adapted from a number of different sources, and is very versatile so can be modified to suit whatever vegetables are lying around! This particular combination is one that I tried at the cafe last week and seemed to go down really well.
Serves 4 as a main or 6 as a side
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
3 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
2 peppers (I used yellow and green), deseeded and sliced
300g fresh spinach
1 whole bulb of garlic, outside skin removed only
2 x 400g tinned chickpeas
For the Dressing
8 tbs olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs Ras el Hanout
1 tbs Demerara sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Add the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, peppers, celery, onion and whole garlic bulb to a large (or two medium) roasting tin.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients together well and pour over the vegetables.
4. Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the garlic bulb and squeeze each clove into a bowl with a little olive oil. Mix well and add to the vegetables.
6. Add the chickpeas and spinach, mix together well and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
7. Season well and serve immediately with couscous, rice or flatbreads.