I really enjoyed making and adapting this recipe, and it works well as great party food, or something different for an evening meal, and has the benefits of looking difficult, but actually being quite easy to make!
For the mushrooms
12 large field mushrooms, cleaned but not peeled
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
150ml olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
For the topping
150g extra mature cheddar, grated
100g sultanas or raisins
100g pine nuts, lightly toasted
1 tbs wholegrain mustard
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
A large handful of chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Put the mushrooms on a large baking tray and season, then sprinkle with the crushed garlic and drizzle with the oil before baking for 10 minutes until soft.
3. Make the topping by simply combining all of the topping ingredients in a large bowl and the spooning it evenly over the mushrooms.
4. Place the mushrooms back in the oven for a further 10 minutes until fully baked.
5. Serve the immediately with a green salad, fresh bread and a tomato chutney.