This is great recipe for a relatively quick tea, and the filling can be made in advance and kept in the fridge to make things even simpler. I have cooked this twice in my cafe in the last week and a bit, due to an overwhelming demand!
2 large courgettes, grated
4 large carrots, grated
150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
2 x 400g tins of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
6 medium sized tortilla wraps
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 x 400g tin good quality chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Add the grated carrot, courgette and 100g of the cheese to a large bowl with the kidney beans and chilli. Mash gently with the back of a fork and season.
3. Place one sixth of the mixture into each wrap and roll up ensuring the mixture is evenly spread.
4. Place the rolled wraps in a large oblong casserole dish.
5. Meanwhile, add the garlic, chopped tomatoes and paprika to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes to reduce.
6. Pour the tomato mixture over the wraps and top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake for approximately 25 minutes until brown and bubbling.
8. Serve with a fresh green salad and guacamole.