This is a bit of a variation on something that I have done previously, but decided to experiment a bit, and also to add the traditional ingredient of rice back into it. These worked really well with a cold green salad, and brought a little piece of Mexico to the North of England to go with our currently hot climate!
6 large tortilla wraps
3 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
3 spring onions, roughly chopped
1 large courgette, coarsely grated
6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
75g white long grain rice, boiled and drained
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 400g tin of pre-cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
3 tbs sunflower oil, for roasting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Place a good measure of the mixture into the tortillas and roll to form wraps folded at both ends.
4. When all of the mixture is used up, place the wraps on a roasting or baking tray and brush all over with the oil.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown, turning once.
6. When cool, halve the wraps and serve with a green salad, guacamole or salsa of your choice.